Identity does not match User-Name, setting from EAP Identity

Ivan Kalik tnt at kalik.net
Thu Oct 1 18:55:21 CEST 2009

> I have a username and identity in EAP attribute with pattern
> {m=1}xxxx at xxxx.
> I need to remove {m=1} for both username and identity in EAP attribute.
> I put some regular expression in default file authorize section to
> remove {m=1} for username and it works!
> But I have not found a way to remove {m=1} for identity in EAP packet.

The whole point of EAP is that you - can't. You can't alter username
without breaking EAP. The best you can do is to define prefix type realm
in raddb/modules/realm with ) as delimiter and local realm (m=1 in
proxy.conf. That should leave the rest as Stripped-User-Name.

Ivan Kalik
Kalik Informatika ISP