Fwd: Freeradius as a proxy converting EAP to non EAP radius Request

Jacques FOUCHER jacques.foucher at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 16:30:11 CEST 2009

Hi,

I have stil the same problem since a week and I don't understand why.
Probably because I discover freeradius product, i did a basic error for
somebody who know it. I reinstall Debian in the last stable version, i
reinstall freeradius after that and the problem is exactly the same .
In attach files, you'll find result of compiling/make, raddb configurations
files and debug file when i start radiusd and when EAP response is done from
radius client

This is what I want to do do for those who don't know : I use eap to
authenticate Wireless users on an radius server wich don't know EAP
protocol. It seems that is possible to do that using a proxy freeradius. The
architecture should be :

Access Point as a NAS               Freeradius as a
proxy                     Radius server without EAP
192.168.0.250                             192.168.0.128
           192.168.0.252

The idea is to convert an EAP Response/Identity to a radius Access-Request
without EAP inside

As the first radius i use freeradius Version 2.1.7
As the second one, i use IAS (just to test, but in the final configuration,
it will not)

I modified these files:
eap.conf (peap function),
proxy.conf (add realm jacques.net)
clients.conf (add 192.168.0.250)
sites-enabled/proxy-inner.conf (modify Proxy-to-Realm)
sites-enabled/default (comment suffix)
remove enabled/proxy-inner.conf

Nothing else !

I hope somebody could help me.