Freeradius as a proxy converting EAP to non EAP radius Request

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sat Oct 3 09:59:10 CEST 2009

Jacques FOUCHER wrote:
> Hello guys,
> allways problems to convert EAP to non EAP requests. I try to do what
> those who helped me without succes. Is anybody could help me to
> understand how it works before I become crasy ?

  If you had posted the debug log earlier, that would have helped.

>   PEAP: Tunneled authentication will be proxied to jack

  OK... that works.

>   PEAP: Remembering to do EAP-MS-CHAP-V2 post-proxy.
> [eap]   Tunneled session will be proxied.  Not doing EAP.
> ++[eap] returns handled
>   WARNING: Empty section.  Using default return values.
> ERROR: Failed to create a new socket for proxying requests.

  Uh... that's bad.  Which version of the server are you using?  How did
you possible configure it so that this will happen?

  *THIS* error is why it's not working.  If you had run the server in
debugging log as suggested *EVERYWHERE*, you would have seen this error.
 If you had *READ* the debug log, you might have noticed that there are
messages saying

	*ERROR NOT PROXYING*

  Maybe that has something to do with why it's not proxying?

  Maybe?

> That is what i have when "default_eap_type = mschapv2" in eap.conf

 Could you explain why you think that changing random configurations
will fix the problem?

  Why are you "going crazy" trying to figure out what's going on, when
there are messages saying

	*ERROR NOT PROXYING*

  in the debug output?

  Could you read them?  Please?  Think about them?