FreeRADIUS with LDAP backend (PAP works but CHAP or any other modules does not work), help please

Ryaz Khan rkhan at ezesolve.com
Sun Oct 4 07:07:54 CEST 2009

Hi Guys,

I am glad to say that I was able to setup FreeRADIUS ver. 2.1.7 with LDAP
(slapd) authentication after a continuous research of a whole week. I can
authenticate user via LDAP but it only works for PAP, radtest tool works,
NTRadPing works but only when using PAP (un-checking CHAP).

I tried every possible option/combination I can think of, but unfortunately
none of them worked.

I would appreciate if some of you can help me with that or can guide me to
the right path

Thx guys

Ryaz Khan