Overriding proxy response

Eric eric at ipergy.net
Mon Oct 5 11:23:15 CEST 2009

Hello,

You are right, that's why I also plan to set a filter on the connection
to make sure that those IP's (the portal and the DNS servers) are the
only one the customer can reach.
My thought when I woke up this morning is to check in rlm_perl whether
the response was a 'change password' MS-CHAP-Error value (648), note
down the name, then return a HANDLED. I seem to have noticed that
freeradius will not send a reply when you return HANDLED. If so, the
client will most likely retry the request, at which point you can catch
the same username in pre-auth or pre-proxy and redo the request into a
default user that goes to the top up page.

Does that seem like a work-around or not?

Cheers

Eric