Proxy/Realm problem in 2.1.7

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Oct 9 22:20:37 CEST 2009

Palmer J.D.F. wrote:
> There are three servers in the auth and acct pools, but unless I comment
> two of them out (as below) I receive a 'Request Denied' message back in
> response to the first access-request packet that is proxied to one of
> the auth servers.

  ?  The only way that happens is if the proxy is using the wrong shared
secret.

> Is this a bug in 2.1.7, or is there a difference in configuration file
> format between the versions?

  I've never tried that particular configuration.  I would suggest using
templates, instead.

  e.g. define a template, and then do:

home_server foo {
	$template foo-template
	secret = testing123
}

  All of the "common" configuration can go into the template.