Ldap search and AD operations error

Tim Sylvester tim.sylvester at networkradius.com
Sat Oct 10 23:48:09 CEST 2009

Leighton,

Try using ldapsearch in verbose mode (and debug mode) to get more info from
AD.

ldapsearch -v -h <AD Server> -D "cn=<account to bind> dc=ad, dc=hud, dc=ac,
dc=uk"  -w <password> -x -b "dc=ad, dc=hud, dc=ac, dc=uk"
"(sAMAccountName=mytestusername)"

>From a Windows machine, you can also use tools from joeware.com, try adfind
(http://www.joeware.net/freetools/tools/adfind/index.htm).

Once you are able to successfully query AD from a Windows machine and/or
ldapsearch, update your FR configuration and try again.

Tim