Error: Received conflicting packet

rihad rihad at mail.ru
Mon Oct 12 15:44:00 CEST 2009

Alan DeKok wrote:
> rihad wrote:
>> Oh yeah? Isn't Cisco 7260 good enough for you?
>
> Q:  Hi, I have a RADIUS server that is slower than a 386, and a NAS that
>     violates the RADIUS protocol.  What should I do?
>
> A: Fix the server and the NAS.
>
> Q: You bastards!  How dare you tell me my equipment is broken!
>

>   While this is entertaining, it only proves one thing.

Being 100% correct protocol-wise means nothing, if the software can't
fit well into an environment. Just a recent example off the top of my
head: dnscache. Its security and DNS protocol support are astonishing.
But due to it being unable to work reasonably under certain
circumstances, and due to its author preferring to stick with the
arguable RFC specification which is outright buggy, I was forced to go
back to BIND. In reply to my post Jeremy Kister was kind enough to
describe the problem very well:
http://marc.info/?l=djbdns&m=125265930702615&w=2
and linked from above:
http://securepoint.com/lists/html/djbdns/2007-01/msg00033.html