Error: Received conflicting packet

rihad rihad at mail.ru
Mon Oct 12 17:12:00 CEST 2009

Ivan Kalik wrote:
>> Being 100% correct protocol-wise means nothing, if the software can't
>> fit well into an environment.
>
> Exactly. The only problem being your inability to comprehend that
> freeradius is not faulty but it is your perl script that can't cope.
Why do you not understand that even if I put "sleep 1" right before
finishing a request in my auth/acct Perl scripts, meaning each request
would take at least 1 second to process, freeradius shouldn't care! It
shouldn't be canceling the current request if another packet arrives a
couple of seconds later! Being swamped by requests it SHOULD be able to
make progress, and not be stomping on its toes canceling current
requests without any progress. And for that when.tv_sec = 1 should be a
bit higher, so it SHOULD be configurable, because some poor soul might
still prefer 2-5 second NAS timeout.