Munin Graphs

Neville nev at itsnev.co.uk
Wed Oct 14 15:00:55 CEST 2009

> Hi,
>
>> I've installed the freeradius_auth plugin
>>
>> added to plugins.conf
>>
>> [freeradius*]
>> user root
>>
>> But still I get the following error when the plugin is run...
>>
>> radmin: Failed connecting to /usr/local/var/run/radiusd/radiusd.sock:
>> Permission denied
>
> edit the munin/plugins/freeradius* files and put the correct user into
> the RADMIN= part.  you really should NEVER be using the root user -
> simply use the user that you run radiusd as  (once again, should never be
> root) - check the radiusd.sock to see who/what owns it (ls -l
> /usr/local/var/run/radiusd/radiusd.sock)

Thx Alan, the problem is that the radiusd is owned by root, so not quite
sure how to ensure at system startup that /etc/init.d/radiusd is actual run
by the radiusd user in /etc/passwd.

I've done a chown -R radiusd:radiusd on the programme and
/usr/local/etc/raddb, but this the radiusd.sock file is owned by root.

Thx
Nev