HINTS and EAP correspondence issue.

Matthieu Lazaro matthieu.lazaro at eservglobal.com
Wed Oct 14 15:44:42 CEST 2009

Hello list,

I have a little question about hints and EAP.

Trying to set up machine authentification, I have been able to rewrite
my user-name to match my requirements in my Open ldap: get rid of the
host/ and add $ ( host/machinename --> machinename$) using hints.
But it ends up with this error after ldap authorisation:
[eap] Identity does not match User-Name, setting from EAP Identity
And it fails the authentification part.

How can I tell EAP the new user name?

It works when I use realm in proxy.conf and remove the $ at the end of
the machine uid in my ldap, but this won't do as I don't want to rename
all the uids.

Best regards,

Matthew