Question regarding retrying of requests in detail-combined file

Patric patricrt at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 09:51:40 CEST 2009

Tim Sylvester wrote:
> Add this line to the home server configuration of Server A (running 2.1.7):
>
> no_response_fail = yes

Hi Tim,

That worked perfectly! Thank you :)

Rejecting request 191 (proxy Id 218) due to lack of any response from
home server xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx port 1813
No response configured for request 191.  Will retry in 30 seconds
Finished request 191.
Cleaning up request 191 ID 56389 with timestamp +140
PROXY: Marking home server xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx port 1813 as zombie (it looks
like it is dead).
Sending Status-Server of id 46 to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx port 1813
        Message-Authenticator := 0x00000000000000000000000000000000
        NAS-Identifier := "Status Check. Are you alive?"
Waking up in 0.8 seconds.
Waking up in 3.9 seconds.
rad_recv: Access-Accept packet from host xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx port 1813,
id=46, length=49

And 30 seconds later the request is retried and succeeds :)
Is there any way for me to decrease the retry delay? In my specific case
I know why its failing so retrying sooner should not be a problem.

Also, since both servers are mine, I have setup my virtual server with
the following parameters. Any suggestions or tweaks would be appreciated :)

home_server copy-acct-to-server-b {
        type = acct
        ipaddr = xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
        port = 1813
        secret = my_secret
        response_window = 10
        zombie_period = 20
        #revive_interval = 120 (read in the docs that use of this is not
recommended?)
        status_check = status-server
        check_interval = 10
        num_answers_to_alive = 1