Postgres

Sparkes, David David.Sparkes at keymile.com
Thu Oct 15 12:52:18 CEST 2009

Hi again,

Radius works fine.  I've been using it for a few weeks with no hitches.

I was working through the example to set up PostGres; I just was thrown
when I tried to set up the database ("Setting up the RADIUS database"
section), as I reached these lines:

cd /usr/share/doc/packages/freeradius/doc/examples/
psql -U radius radius < postgresql.sql

Of which I couldn't find the equivalent.  The closest I could find was
/usr/share/doc/freeradius-2.1.7/examples/postgresql_update_radacct_group
_trigger.sql, which caused all kinds of scary error messages, which put
me off.

It occurs to me in the cold light of day that maybe this section
probably just creates the example tables, and the above example file is
completely inappropriate, but, at the time, I was in black box mysticism
mode.  I wrote the SQL to create similar tables to those shown, but
stopped, because I thought that the basic database part was importing
something more clever into the database.  I've probably overthought it
and can just get on with the configuration, then.

Thanks,

Dave