How to disable threads in 2.1.7

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Oct 16 14:52:48 CEST 2009

Craig Campbell wrote:
> I was hoping to build a version that could fork children, but not spawn
> threads.

Not possible.

You could run lots of copies with a single thread bound to different UDP
ports, and load-balance them somehow.

> I cannot explain why apparently no one else is seeing the issue I am
> chasing.  As far as I can tell, my configuration is quite basic.

The fact that it's not happening for anyone else would tend to indicate
it's specific to your system. We fork processes on accounting in some of
our virtual servers, and this doesn't happen.