EAP (RFC- 3579) under GPL with FreeRadius1.1.8?

Divyank Rastogi divyank.rastogi at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 15:08:40 CEST 2009

Hi,

I was going through FreeRadius1.1.8 code when i saw that unlike the SRC code
which is LGPL, EAP code is under GPL.

As per my understanding LGPL (and not GPL) is applicable to be freely
distributes as statically linked libraries and the files in ‘module’ folder
are protected by GPL as against the ‘lib’ files which are protected by
LGPL.

I am planning to use the source code in the lib folder as well as that in
the module folder (for supporting rfc-3579) in FreeRadius. Are there going
to be issues in statically linking this code?
If so, can anyone please help out with ideas on how to circumvent the issue
(including other (licensed) vendor recommendations as well).

Thanks,
Divyank