radacct and db handles

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Fri Oct 23 10:22:24 CEST 2009

Hi,

> I checked my radius db and radacct table and there are many indexed and
> nothing I could found is the problem. It only append when I enable radius
> accounting in SQL.

indexing speeds up queries but slows down inserts/updates.  if you do live
inserts/updates of accouting records into mysql then the accounting threads
are goign to be blocking up the system. either fix this by moving to
a better DB system - eg postgresql ;-) - or by moving to using buffered-sql
virtual server for your accounting  (fairly trivial...configure the buffered-sql
virtual server, soft link it into sites-enabled and then change calls to 'sql'
in your accounting sections of main virtual server to be 'detail'. tada!

alan