rlm_sql: usergroup lookup if User-Profile is defined

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Sat Oct 24 16:30:32 CEST 2009

Hello,

I am wondering if I'm the only one who finds the following default
behaviour a bit confusing:  Given a user defined like this:

 user1     Cleartext-Password := "foo", User-Profile := "profile1"

I would expect "profile1" to always be looked up in the the usergroup
table for this user.  However, this won't happen if "user1" is defined
in that table without Fall-Through.  rlm_sql will lookup "user1" first
and only lookup "profile1" if either "user1" is not found or
Fall-Through is set vy the "user1" groups.

Bjørn