Send Reject When User Logged In Already

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sat Oct 31 15:57:24 CET 2009

boyali kus wrote:
> The document says:
> 1. PREREQUISITES :  You need to have perl installed.
> Why? I do not want to query the NAS against the user attempting to
> connect to see if it is connected already. The only data I want to
> consider is radacct table. I added Simultaneous-Use:=1 also but no
> luck.

  Perl is for the checkrad.pl script.  If you don't run it, you don't
need Perl.

> I can only limit the user by writing a custom stored procedure for
> authorize_check_query. Inside this procedure I check the radacct table
> if there is a record of this user with a null int acctstoptime. It
> works.
>
> But I want to understand why simul_count_query does not work, although
> I uncommented it.

  Is it being *used* at all?  What do you see when you run the server in
debugging mode?

> This might be -and probably it is- a newbie question but I am really
> confused. How can I make the Simultaneous Use limit work, without
> writing custom stored procedure and without installing perl to query
> NAS?

  If you:

 a) receive accounting packets

 b) configure the SQL module to store data

 c) set 'Simultaneous-Use := 1' somewhere

  Then it should work.

  As *always*, run the server in debugging mode to see what it's doing.
 In 2.1.7, you can use "raddebug".