freeradius2.1.6| buffered-sql | acctstoptime problems

ramesh p rock786143 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 10:40:06 CEST 2009

How to interpret AcctStopDelay filed?  Is there any SQL query readily
available to update acctstoptimes correctly in FR? please suggest.

> I'm using freeradius2.1.6 with buffered-sql , detail files for accounting.
> In accounting queries i observed acctstoptime = %S.
> my db some how freezed and radius stopped updating packets from
> detail.wotk
> file. When restarted it started updating but updating the packets with new
> timestamps instead of old timestmaps whatever in detail.work file. How to
> overcome this? please suggest.

Timestamps for Accounting-Start-Time and Accounting-Stop-Time will be
"wrong" but you should have delay times logged on the same radacct line.
If your billing application can't calculate the correct time from the
timestamp and the delayyou can run a sql query in order to "correct" the
times in Accounting-Start-Time and Accounting-Stop-Time fields.

Ivan Kalik
Kalik Informatika ISP