sqlippool - Duplicate IP

Neville nev at itsnev.co.uk
Tue Sep 1 17:57:19 CEST 2009

> Neville wrote:
>> I've facing a problem since rebuild, where every user is being allocated
>> the same IP from the sqlippool, and I'm not sure why this is happening.
>> pppd does not pass back Client-IP-Address or Client-Station-Id
>
>  "Calling-Station-Id".
>
>> table structure for radipool is
>
>  Yes... we have access to the source code, too.
>
>> rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host NASIPHERE port 53621, id=117,
>> length=147
>>         Service-Type = Framed-User
>>         Framed-Protocol = PPP
>>         User-Name = "TESTUSER"
>>         MS-CHAP-Challenge = 0xe325bfbeb22fbbb7a33a21326e5ce18a
>>         MS-CHAP2-Response =
>> 0x51009da7f84750dd0f01bed231e11bab1f9a00000000000000002b9f4dad6844332eaec4aabcc1d8f03911ff654b6a7a8e96
>>         NAS-Identifier = "NASIPHERE"
>>         NAS-Port = 0
>
>  OK.  So how is the IP pool module supposed assign a unique IP for each
> user?  There's no MAC address in the request (i.e. Calling-Station-Id).
> The SQL queries (if you read them) use Calling-Station-Id.  How are
> they supposed to work if there's no Calling-Station-Id?
>
>  Fix your PPPd so that it sends *useful* information.

Dear Alan,

It's not as simple as your making it.  Also, I am using %{NAS-Port} and not
%{Calling-Station-Id} due to the Lack of Calling-Station-Id.

 pool-key = "%{NAS-Port}"
 # pool-key = "%{Calling-Station-Id}"

  $INCLUDE sql/mysql/ippool.conf
 #$INCLUDE sql/postgresql/ippool.conf

if I use ippool module, it works fine so something wrong with the SQL.

Please can you confirm in want sections I have to add sqlippool module in
order that I can test this again, but given the flakiness of sqlippool I
might just stick with ippool module.

Thx
Nev