sql.authorize

leopold vladimir.belinkis at gs.com
Fri Sep 4 21:52:30 CEST 2009

Is it possible to call sql.authorize on a group of SQL modules?
This is needed to reduce number of calls to SQL in EAP-TLS transaction
There was a recommendation to cal sql.authorize in post-auth section instead
of authorize section, this is fine, but we need the same behavior for SQL
groups that handle failover.
Do you have any recommendation how to achieve that?

post-auth {
        sql1.authorize
}

group redundant_sql {
                sql1 {
                        fail = 1
                        handled = 3
                        notfound = return
                        ok = return
                        reject = return
                }

                sql2 {
                        fail = 1
                        handled = 3
                        notfound = return
                        ok = return
                        reject = return
                }

                # if we reach here then all databases are unreachable
                # do not respond to NAS so that NAS marks RADIUS server
                # as unavalable and retry another RADIUS server
                update control {
                        Response-Packet-Type = 'Do-Not-Respond'
                }
                handled