Freeradius possible memory leak

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Sep 8 16:42:06 CEST 2009

Szymon Roczniak wrote:
> It's odd, but it looks like it doesn't matter what operator is used in this
> place. In fact it still works even without one (I've just tested it with some
> random 'operators' and with the operator field set to "").

  Yes... I saw that, and just fixed it.

> There are some code paths (in rlm_sql.c/rlm_sql_authorize()) where only one of
> the temporary pair lists (check_tmp) is freed before returning from the
> function and in other cases both check_tmp and reply_tmp are cleaned with
> pairfree(). I'm not sure it's a problem at all. And it's certainly not
> relevant in this case, as the execution goes past these checks and gets to the
> point where both temp lists are released.

  Yes... so I'd really like to know what else is going on.  From the
valgrind log you posted, the leaks are full VALUE_PAIR structures... so
there's only a limited number of places where that can happen.

  Oh well.  I think it's time to release 2.1.7, despite these issues.