Authentication password used by client

Christoph Schmidt christoph.schmidt at ds2.es
Thu Sep 10 18:56:33 CEST 2009

Hi *,

I have a RADIUS client requesting an authorization and I would like to
know which protocol this client is using. When running freeradius with
-X I get the following output:

  modcall[authorize]: module "preprocess" returns ok for request 0
    users: Matched entry DEFAULT at line 153
    users: Matched entry DEFAULT at line 217
    users: Matched entry 00139D0009CD at line 220
  modcall[authorize]: module "files" returns ok for request 0
modcall: leaving group authorize (returns ok) for request 0
  rad_check_password:  Found Auth-Type Local
auth: type Local
auth: user supplied User-Password matches local User-Password

I assume "local" refers to the "users" file. But is there a way to see
the actual authorization protocol used between client and server?

Thanks a lot in advance for any help!