freeradius mysql threads configuration questions

ramesh p rock786143 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 19:49:29 CEST 2009

We migrated to INNODB.
But still the no of packets inserted in db are like 20 per min using
buffered-sql in my test system.
buffered-sql configuration:
server buffered-sql {
        listen {
                type = detail
                load_factor = 100
                poll_interval = 1
                retry_interval = 5
                }
        preacct {
                preprocess
                acct_unique
                files
              }
        accounting {
                        sql

>Please advice on threading configuration from Radius to MySQL to
> determine optimal configuration; Radius is configurred to use five
> threads, but we observe only one process on the database server at any
> one time.

  Because you're using the wrong database back-end.  If you used InnoDB,
this wouldn't be a problem.

  Follow the instructions on this list.  If you intend to run a system
with a million users, it's a good idea to listen to the advice of people
who have experience building such systems.