EAP-TLS performance SQL backend bottleneck

leopold vova_b at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 10 21:50:48 CEST 2009

OK thanks Alan. I moved sql module call from "authorize" to "post-auth", this
improves performance, but the behavior is different.
Inside policy.conf we have "do_not_respond" policy and if SQL server is down
we need to force server not to respond in "post-auth"
This do_not_respond policy works perfect only if we call it during
"authorize" section. In authorize section we check if SQL module returns
"failed" and do not respond in this case.

However, in "post-auth" section do_not_respond policy does not have effect.
Is there any limit where do_not_respond can be used?

#
	#	If you want the server to pretend that it is dead,
	#	then use the "do_not_respond" policy.
	#
	do_not_respond {
		update control {