freeradius mysql threads configuration questions

Ivan Kalik tnt at kalik.net
Fri Sep 11 11:04:48 CEST 2009

> Does freeradius use multi threaded model to increase throughput to mysql (
> with buffered-sql)?
> I'm using only for accounting purpose.

buffered-sql is used to separate authentication from accounting. It uses
the same threads as the other virtual servers. Default virtual server does
authentication queries at top speed while buffered-sql writes accounting
queries at the pace that doesn't interfere with authentication. If you are
doing *only* accounting there is not much to be gained by using
buffered-sql (it makes sense to use it if your database in unstable).

Ivan Kalik
Kalik Informatika ISP