Vista PEAP troubleshooting

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Sat Sep 12 00:20:56 CEST 2009

Hi,
> If you uncheck the Validate Server Certificate box on XP/Vista do you
> still need to import any certificates? I was able to get XP SP3 to
> connect without the checkbox marked and was hoping for the same with
> Vista/Win7.

you are now talking about playing with PEAP settings on the clients
systems - and many of your guests may have enterprise locked systems anyway.

if you are going down this route, you may as well have some form of
802.1X autoconfiguration tool to do your work for you.... it'll configure
their system for your SSID and install certificate etc etc.

if you truly want to 'just use username and password'  (and leave the other
settings alone) then you'll have to ensure that your RADIUS server is
signed by a well known CA

alan