Patch for Monit to do RADIUS protocol checks

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sat Sep 12 19:25:02 CEST 2009

nf-vale wrote:
>>   It works for me, and it's a nice feature to have.
>
> Not doubts about that. I'm surely gonna start using it ;)

  I've just been informed that it will be in the next Monit release.

  Something like this should work:

check process radiusd with pidfile /var/run/radiusd/radiusd.pid
   start program = "/etc/init.d/radiusd start"
   stop program = "/etc/init.d/radiusd stop"
   if failed host 127.0.0.1 port 1812 type udp protocol radius secret
testing123 then alert
   if 5 restarts within 5 cycles then timeout