Ignoring Request Question

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Mon Sep 14 13:19:26 CEST 2009

Hi,

> This is what I had asked before about IP. This IP is a dynamic IP
> provided by the ISP.
> How should I configure "nas" entry in mySQL database? what should be
> the IP address? Should I just leave it to 0.0.0.0?
>
> For the NAS connected to the radius directly, it worked only when I
> used the WAN IP of the NAS in the table entry.
>
> For the request coming from the Internet, what should be the IP in nas entry?

either the address as its seen by the internet (its 'WAN' address if
connected directly and no NAT etc) or you can use a large wildcard to match
any of the addresses it might get from your ISP - this can be found
be eg checking whois for your IP range and looking at IP records.

personally, I'd prefer to route the RADIUS packets via VPN so that your
client is not only known, but the RADIUS stuff is a little more
secured...and you'd then come in via a trusted route and not expose
your RADIUS server to the world...

alan