correctly set num_sql_sock in sql accoutnig

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Sep 14 22:32:47 CEST 2009

Alexandre Chapellon wrote:
> Is there a way to know how many sql sockets needs to be open at startup
> for a particular accounting db?

  How long do database writes take?  How many writes can you do
simultaneously?  How many packets/s does the server get?

  Generally, you should have as many SQL sockets as threads.  Any more,
and they won't be used.  Any less, and the threads might starve.

> I want to have sufficent number of such sockets but don't want to loose
> time and ressources opening too much of them.

  The LDAP && SQL modules really need to move to a dynamic connection
pool.  It would be much easier for the administrators.