Self Signed Certs Fail - pem/der

steven at sprague-enterprises.com steven at sprague-enterprises.com
Mon Sep 14 23:56:57 CEST 2009

Ivan,

After setting up FR successfully for wireless access/auth using
WPA2-EAP_PEAP using the certs generated by  ./bootstrap I decided to
generate my own as detailed in CA the documentation.

I created a CA’s for Redhat(.pem) and WindowsXP clients (.der)
substituting my company information in the appropriate places of the
CA.cnf.

For some unknown reason my self certs failed to work in either client.
After trying this twice and have both attempts fail I regenerated the
original CA’s for “example” using ./bootstrap, the old CA.cnf file  - they
both worked for my clients (Linux/WinXP)

Suggestions on debugging this process.

Steven

believed to be clean.