dynamic-clients help

Deepak d88pak at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 08:23:41 CEST 2009

On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 6:01 AM, Alan Buxey <A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> server dynamic_client_server {
>
> <snip>
>
> what have you done?  why have you added all of that stuff to the
> default example???
>
> dynamic_client_server is a very basic virtual server for one function -
> its not a complete virtual host.
>
> all you need is something like
>
> client dynamic {
>        ipaddr = 0.0.0.0
>        netmask = 0
>        dynamic_clients = dynamic_client_server
>        lifetime = 86400
> }
>
> server dynamic_client_server {
>        authorize {
>
> ..and now you choose to have a static selection to choose
> the shared secret or you choose to use eg SQL to get the required
> shared secret - which can be decided by eg special VSAs sent in the
> packet from the random NAS out there on the internet
>
>                  }
> }
>

> alan
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Sorry I completely misunderstood. I thought that only SQL part is used
if we are using sql as backend instead of file. I have reverted back
the changes I made.

There is still something not clear to me regarding the secret and
entry in nas table.

My question is:

1) Do I need entry in nas table or not? I want that each NAS have
different secret so that I can monitor each NAS.

>> In my "nas" table, I have following:

>> nasname: 0.0.0.0
>> shortname: <shortname>
>> type: other
>> ports: 0
>> secret: <sharedsecret>

>Delete that. It's wrong.

In this case what should be the setting?

Thanks