Using Attributes to differentiate between different EAP types

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Sep 16 17:22:15 CEST 2009

Nathan McDavit-Van Fleet wrote:
> I'm still not able to navigate through the values that the modules are
> holding.

  That statement makes no sense.  Read doc/aaa.txt for a description of
the lists maintained by the server.  Read "man unlang" for a description
of how to look up entries in a list, or add an entry to a list.

> Are there any other pointers in regards to finding where EAP-Type
> is nested? I cannot figure out how to even access the EAP module from inside
> inner-tunnel.

  You don't "access the EAP module".  You access a list.

  The *outer* virtual server runs a bunch of modules.  One of which is
"eap".  The eap module looks inside of the packet, and adds "EAP-Type"
to the list of control attributes for the request.

  If you want to look at it from the inner tunnel, refer to:

	a) the outer request

	b) the control item list

	c) the EAP-Type attribute

  e.g.

	if ("%{outer.control:EAP-Type}" == 22) {

  I will also note that you have now sent a number of messages trying
all kinds of different things, and claiming "it doesn't work" for all of
them.

  See the FAQ for "it doesn't work".  This is documented.