Redundant SQL

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Sep 17 10:27:42 CEST 2009

Garber, Neal wrote:
> I would like to have redundant SQL modules (that point to 2 different
> databases that are kept in sync using SQL replication) for the purpose
> of reading clients at startup and for the dynamic_clients virtual
> server.  I don’t use SQL for any other purpose.  I’ve tried some things
> and done some searching and, so far, I haven’t gotten anything to work.

 ? Configure both modules:

  modules {
	sql sql1 {

	sql sql2 {

  And then list them both in the "instantiate" section to get them to
load the clients:

	instantiate {
		sql1
		sq12

	}

  Then in the virtual server for the dynamic client, list them in a
redundant section:

	redundant {
		sql1
		sql2
	}

>  (I do have readclients=yes, dynamic_clients and Huntgrouop-Name lookup
> working for one SQL server and I believe I know how to get dynamic
> Huntgroup-Name working for more than one SQL server using unlang, but
> I’d like readclients/dynamic_clients to try a 2^nd server if the first
> fails.)

  Try the above config.  It should work.

> Is this possible without code changes?

  Absolutely.