AW: Authentication with eap/mschapv2

Stefan Hotz stefhotz at yahoo.de
Thu Sep 17 17:58:08 CEST 2009

Thank's for the answer Ivan.

I have tried now both with or without encryption

Module: Instantiating mschap
  mschap {
        use_mppe = yes
        require_encryption = no
        require_strong = no
        with_ntdomain_hack = yes

unfortunately the result is still the same

Found Auth-Type = EAP
+- entering group authenticate {....}
[eap] Request found, released from the list
[eap] EAP/mschapv2
[eap] processing type mschapv2
rlm_eap_mschapv2: Invalid response type 4
[eap] Handler failed in EAP/mschapv2
[eap] Failed in EAP select
++[eap] returns invalid
Failed to authenticate the user.

Does it make sense to enable the encryption for mschap since the eap tunnel (as far I have understood) is the whole way from the client to the radius server.