Lower case to Upper case in Calling-Station-Id at policy.conf

Alexander Clouter alex at digriz.org.uk
Fri Sep 18 09:39:31 CEST 2009

Hi,

Hilton Guaraldi <guaraldi at gmail.com> wrote:

> How can I use uc function below in order to change lower case to upper case?
>
> Ex. 00-18-e7-41-ad-c2    --->  00-18-E7-41-AD-C2
>
> In the policy.conf:

When I last nosied through the source code there is no way.  I normally
make sure all the polies are case insensitive *in* FreeRADIUS and when
things get spat out to my SQL server I slip 'lower(...)' around the MAC
addresses going in that direction.

The only other way is to have a Perl script doing the work for you, but
as you can use case insensitive regex to replace string matching, I
would say it is not worth it.

Cheers

--
Alexander Clouter
.sigmonster says: Idleness is the holiday of fools.