Reply with certain name servers

Alexander Clouter alex at digriz.org.uk
Thu Sep 24 22:26:48 CEST 2009

Hi,

Irina <irina at nas.net> wrote:

> Is there a way to send back certain name servers as Reply
> attribute?  For some users it will be one set of name
> server, for other users it will be another set of name
> servers.

Sounds like you are setting up a sandpit.  Usually this would be handed
with VLAN's but maybe you are terminating something other than Ethernet
so I would recommend you look at using DNS views or alternatively
destination NAT on your nameservers to steer people to the different
nameserver.

Of course only suitable for sandpiting rather than 'long term'
assignment.

Cheers

--
Alexander Clouter
.sigmonster says: This fortune intentionally says nothing.