Setting up a virtual server to handle incoming proxied requests

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Sep 25 14:32:25 CEST 2009

Patric wrote:
> server requests_from_primary {
>    listen {
>        ipaddr = *
>        port   = 0
>        type   = acct
>    }

  Delete that listen section.  It conflicts with the global one.

  The global one will accept packets on the accounting port, IP *, and
will look up the client.  If the client is the primary, it will run the
"requests_from_primary" virtual server.

  You do NOT need to put another "listen" section in the virtual server.

>    proxy_requests = no   # Can this be done here? If not how would I
> disable proxying for this virtual server?

  You don't "disable" proxying.  You just configure it so that it
doesn't proxy.

>                          # Do I just exclude my detail-radrelay in the
> accounting section?

  Yes.

>    # Since this is just processing accounting requests do I still need
> to define the authorize, authenticate & other sections?

  No.