freeradius problem

matthew wyath mwyath at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 09:15:13 CEST 2009

hi Alan,

Yes of course I have this user: test with password testtest in /etc/shadow
(I am able to download/send an email by using these credentials + log into
linux shell). The problem is that I am still not able to log in through my
NAS (fortimail). What I can see
in wireshark is that username test is sent in clear text + password is sent
encrypted. My assumption is that freeradius can't read /etc/shadow for some
reason. Freeradius version I am using is 1.1