EAP with a non EAP Radius server

Jacques FOUCHER jacques.foucher at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 21:43:12 CEST 2009

thanks Yvan,

looking at debug, I saw :
Ignoring EAP-Type/tls because we do not have OpenSSL support.
Ignoring EAP-Type/ttls because we do not have OpenSSL support.
Ignoring EAP-Type/peap because we do not have OpenSSL support.

So:
I installed that :
apt-get install openssl
apt-get install libssl-devdebian:/usr/local/etc/raddb
apt-get install libcurl4-openssl-dev

debian:/tmp/freeradius-server-2.1.7# dpkg -l | grep ssl
ii  libcurl4-openssl-dev              7.18.2-8lenny3           Development
files and documentation for libcurl (OpenSSL)
ii  libssl-dev                        0.9.8g-15+lenny5         SSL
development libraries, header files and documentation
ii  libssl0.9.8                       0.9.8g-15+lenny5         SSL shared
libraries
ii  openssl                           0.9.8g-15+lenny5         Secure Socket
Layer (SSL) binary and related cryptographic too

Then I removed  freeradius
rm -rf /usr/local/etc/raddb
rm -rf /usr/local/etc/raddb

 and reinstalled it (./configure, make, make install)

but error messages about ignoring EAP-Type stay alive. Do you have an idea ?
Could it be my problem.

Jacques who go in bed right now