freeradius problem

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Sun Sep 27 23:28:28 CEST 2009

On 09/27/2009 04:13 AM, Ivan Kalik wrote:
>> Yes of course I have this user: test with password testtest in /etc/shadow
>> (I am able to download/send an email by using these credentials + log into
>> linux shell).
>
> /etc/shadow on which device? Radius server (where freeradius is looking
> for it) or on mail server (which is probably a different device)?

You may also want to consider using rlm_pam rather than rlm_unix if your
OS supports pam (Linux does and many other unices do as well). Pam will
provide you with much better security partitioning. It's not a great
idea to open up permissions on /etc/shadow.

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?
www.redhat.com/carveoutcosts/