delayed update on sql logging

Oguzhan Kayhan oguzhank at bilkent.edu.tr
Wed Sep 30 12:34:56 CEST 2009

>> I am checking simultaneous-use information, logged users etc on sql
>> server.
>> The problem is, if a user logges in, nearly after a minute later i can
>> see
>> the logged on user on mysql tables. But i can see the same user with
>> radlast command in the same second the user logs in.
>> So it seems like there is a delay between updating the data on sql.
>> And with this, user can log in mutliple times with same username even i
>> set sim-use to 1.
>>
>> Is there any parameter for that???
>> Or what else can cause that problem.
>
> Are you using buffered-sql accounting?
>
> Ivan Kalik
> Kalik Informatika ISP

How can i check if i use buffered or not?? I didnt change much in default
settings..

Here is my virtual server configuration on sites-enabled
server wireless {
                 authorize {
                                preprocess
                                files
                                update control {
                                     Auth-Type := perl
                                              }
                                perl
                        }

                authenticate {
                        Auth-Type Perl       {
                                        perl
                preacct  {
                        acct_unique
                        files
                         }

                accounting {
                        sql_wireless
                           }
                session {
                        sql_wireless
                        } ..............................

And here is the sql.conf file for this sql sttement

sql sql_wireless {
        database = "mysql"

        driver = "rlm_sql_${database}"

        # Connection info:
        server = "1.1.1.1"
        login = "xxxx"
        password = "xxxx"

        # Database table configuration for everything except Oracle
        radius_db = "wireless"

        acct_table1 = "radacct"
        acct_table2 = "radacct"

        # Allow for storing data after authentication
        postauth_table = "radpostauth"

        authcheck_table = "radcheck"
        authreply_table = "radreply"

        groupcheck_table = "radgroupcheck"
        groupreply_table = "radgroupreply"

        # Table to keep group info
        usergroup_table = "usergroup"

        # If set to 'yes' (default) we read the group tables
        # If set to 'no' the user MUST have Fall-Through = Yes in the
radreply table
        # read_groups = yes

        # Remove stale session if checkrad does not see a double login
        deletestalesessions = yes
 # number of sql connections to make to server
        num_sql_socks = 10

        # number of seconds to dely retrying on a failed database
        # connection (per_socket)
        connect_failure_retry_delay = 60

        #readclients = yes

      # Table to keep radius client info