Problem with radzap

xsad ziopede at libero.it
Wed Sep 30 18:14:08 CEST 2009

Pierre-Henri Baraffe wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a mistake with my freeradius. On server with 1.1.7 the command :
>
> "radzap -u username -P port-nas 127.0.0.1 secret"  work with  no problem
>
> On a new server with FR 2.0.5,  with  the same command i have this error
>
> radclient:: failed to get value
>
> I have no more message with the "-x" option and nothing in the log.
> I have the same things if i replace "127.0.0.1" by  "localhost"
>
> my client.conf
>
> client localhost {
>         ipaddr = 127.0.0.1
>         secret          = secret
>         require_message_authenticator = no
>         shortname       = localhost
>         nastype     = other     # localhost isn't usually a NAS...
> }
>
> I don't understand.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>

> ph
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See

Hi, this is an old post but I'm having the same issue mentioned.

Everything is working fine with Freeradius 2.1.7 running on Debian 5 but
everytime I try to use the radzap command i get this error:

# radzap -u the_username 127.0.0.1:1813 the_secret
radclient:: failed to get value
radclient: Nothing to send.

Here is the output of the radwho -R command:

# radwho -R
User-Name = "0001000000001000"
Acct-Session-Id = "00000000"
NAS-IP-Address =
NAS-Port = 0
Service-type = Login-User
Framed-IP-Address = 192.168.182.8
Acct-Session-Time = 4
Calling-Station-Id = "00-25-56-71-80-"

I see that the value of "Calling-Station-Id" is truncated and
"NAS-IP-Address" is empty, could it be the cause of radzap issue?

Thanks in advance, any help would be appreciated.