Freeradius + PEAP.. stuck on validating identity..

Matt Harlum matt at cactuar.net
Thu Apr 1 04:44:13 CEST 2010

On 01/04/2010, at 7:39 AM, Bruno Kremel wrote:

> On Wednesday 31 March 2010 21:28:48 Alan DeKok wrote:
> What should be there?
> Beacuse I don't know I am using Daloradius web interafce for adding data to
> database, so I just loaded default daloradius sql which was intendet
> (according to readme od daloradius) for 2.X Freeradius... and added accounts
> in web interface...

Here's an example from my radcheck table in the SQL Database
 id | UserName | Attribute     | op | Value      |
+----+----------+---------------+----+------------+
|  1 | exampleuser     | User-Password | == | password123 |

This is how yours should be set up, otherwise you will get the "validating" issue in Windows.

>>> To me it seems that name/password was accepted so I have no clue where
>>> is the problem..
>>
>>  The password was NOT accepted.  It was *ignored*.
>>
> And what is that Accept-Accept on the end of the log?... also radtest gives me
> Accept-Accept only on correct login and password so I think that it's not that
> SQL...

As Alan said, it was simply ignored because of the misconfiguration

Regards,
Matt Harlum