Using Vendor Attributes

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Apr 2 09:10:58 CEST 2010

Paul Varvel wrote:
> I'm beginner with FreeRadius and I'd like to know where can I use a
> vendor specific attribute for my Redback router (in which
> configuration file).

  Anywhere attributes can be used.  They're just attributes... there's
nothing magic about them.

> When is try to use Context-Name = "local" (a specific redback
> attribute) in my user configuration file. I obtain a Syntax error
> message.

  (a) You don't say WHICH file you're editing

  (b) you don't say WHAT the error is.

  Please include useful information in your question.  "I tried to do
stuff and it didn't work" isn't useful.

  There are many people using redback attributes with FreeRADIUS.  It
works, and there are no problems.