Operator-Name not being logged

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Apr 6 08:36:37 CEST 2010

Stefan Winter wrote:
> That means pretty much every new RADIUS attribute will be hampered in
> FreeRADIUS by their hijacking of more than half of the IETF's space!

  Yes.

> noticed that in other conflicting cases, the corresponding attributes
> were put into a different .conflict dictionary file, and not by default
> included on startup (dictionary.nokia.conflict). How about solving the
> problem in this way? And is Ascend's use of their non VSAs still current
> in recent products? Looks like rather rude practice to me...

  There are a LOT of deployments using the old Ascend attributes.
Breaking them when the server upgrades is problematic.

  I'd like to find a better solution than forcing people to edit the
dictionary files.  But as the IETF is allocating more and more
attributes, the problem is getting worse.  It should really be addressed
for 2.2.0.