How to differeniate types of users

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Wed Apr 7 18:27:16 CEST 2010

Hi,
> I have Radius v1.1.7 working great with eDirectory/LDAP, both running on SLES 10 SP3.   Right now we use it to control access to our wireless in the district, but its sort an all-or-nothing approach right now.  What we are trying to accomplish is to have
> two SSIDs - one for students and one for staff.  As its setup now, anybody can connect to either one.  How would I be able to differeniate the two users?  I can use attributes and such, but how/where would that be defined?

the NAS should send something that differentiates it...normally
a VSA that has the SSID in it. you can then do a match comparison.

i'd move to 2.1.8 if i were you - the unlang feature is priceless
and makes this very easy to do.

I'd also say...why 2 SSID's ? why pollute the airwaves and divide
things up with extra broadcasts when all you need to do is check
the type of person and use a VLAN to seperate them..if the kit supports
that of course...

alan