IEEE 802.1x EAP-TLS Client Problems

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Apr 16 12:03:01 CEST 2010

Dirk Müller wrote:
> Here the radius output when I try to connect via opensuse with KNetworkmanager:

  IIRC, it's a bug in KNetworkmanager

... get_secrets_cb(): Couldn't get connection secrets: User refused to
supply secrets.

  That's an issue with KNetorkmanager, and it has nothing to do with
FreeRADIUS.

> No communication with the RADIUS server happened. I mean I got nothing on the Server side.

  Those logs show the supplicant receiving a failure.  If there's no
traffic to the server, then blame the access point.

> I don't know what I should do next, I need it working with openSUSE 11.2, switching to ubuntu is no option.
> The log output does not say much (anything) to me. I hope someone can help me with this.

  Try a different access point.