No Auth in Debian Lenny

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Mon Apr 19 21:25:51 CEST 2010

On Sunday 18 April 2010 05:38:23 am Josip Rodin wrote:

> You haven't enabled anything in /etc/freeradius/sites-enabled/ which means
> the server isn't told what to actually *do* with the modules and clients :)
>
> You need to find one of the default virtual host configs in
> /etc/freeradius/sites-available/ that suits you, and then symlink it into
> the ...-enabled directory. You can also copy it into a new file and
> symlink/enable that. Also make sure the right autorization sections
> within the virtual host reference the mppe module if you need it.

Wow, much more complex than the existing external documentation suggests.  Is
there any documentation of all the steps necessary to do a PPTP authorization
for Windows clients?  (I realize that if one understood all of the things
freeradius was capable of and all of the steps that it went through to
perform such an authorization, the documentation in the files would be
sufficient, but I lack such expertise.)