No Auth in Debian Lenny

Josip Rodin joy at entuzijast.net
Tue Apr 20 09:46:17 CEST 2010

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 05:10:09PM -0500, Jonathan Hutchins wrote:
> On Monday 19 April 2010 04:33:25 pm Josip Rodin wrote:
>
> > The suffix module didn't recognize \ as a delimiter. You probably need to
> > tell it explicitly to do that. To add your own module instance, just add a
> > new file in /etc/freeradius/modules/. (There is no available/enabled
> > mechanism for modules, yet.)
>
> (One would think the mschap module would do this.)  Which file currently
> specifies how the username is parsed (as an example for building my own
> file)?  When I used the format from the 1.x configuration I got similar
> results.

Backtracking a little now... the default config file
/etc/freeradius/modules/realm says:

realm ntdomain {
        format = prefix
        delimiter = "\\"
}

That means that you already have this configured, but you're not calling it.

One of your virtual host's authorize section calls 'suffix' (evidenced by
the log). Find that and simply replace it with 'ntdomain'.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.